Investor: Concern AA defense «Almaz-Antey», OJSC (Moscow)
Total site are of the new plant construction project is 59.9 ga, of which total building area is 17,19 ga, total area of improved territory and green zone is 25.91 ga.
General contractor: Stroyservis, CJSC (Moscow)
General subcontractor: Design and Construction Agency «Zhilstroy», LLC (Saint-Petersburg), special division in Nizhny Novgorod. (The company was assigned to perform the full range of works on disassembling constructions and buildings of different purposes and structural types. The works took place at the active production area with engineering communications and traffic roads.)
Engineering and economical performance:
The total structural volume of buildings to be wrecked by the Design and Construction Agency «Zhilstroy», LLC is 79,7070 cu.m.
2. New construction
General contractor: Federal state united enterprise «General board of special construction in the territory of the Central federal region under the supervision of the Federal agency of special construction» (Moscow).
General subcontractor: Design and Construction Agency «Zhilstroy», LLC (Saint-Petersburg), special division in Nizhny Novgorod. (The company is assigned to implement new construction of various, as regards their types and purposes, buildings of the projected Machine-Building Plant, such as test shop and its administrative and on-site facilities, water boiler, protective shelters for civil defense and emergency situations, gas distribution substation.)
Engineering and economical performance:
Nizhny Novgorod Machine-Building plant was founded in 1932 as one of the largest enterprises of the Defense industry. In 1934 the newly created design-engineering department was headed by the outstanding engineer Vasily Gavrilovich Grabin. During the Great Patriotic War the plant produced 100 thousand cannons, which overcame the production of the whole Hitler coalition all together. For services to the Motherland, the Machine-Building plant received five highest government awards:
February 5, 1939
* By the Decree of the Presidium of the USSR Supreme Soviet, the plant was awarded the Order of Lenin for exceptional services of the Red Army weapon supply (cannons F-22 and F-22 USV).
July, 11 1942
* By the Decree of the Presidium of the USSR of August 3, 1942, the plant was awarded the Order of the Red Banner of Labor for the excellent implementation of the governmental commission of production and development of new weapon models.
September 8, 1944
* By the Decree of the Presidium of the USSR of August 22, 1944, the plant was awarded the Order of the Red Banner for exceptional services in creation of new weapon models and supplying the army with artillery arms.
June 4, 1945
* the Plant received The Order of The Great Patriotic War of the Ist Class for exceptional services in development and large-scale gun production.
December 31, 1970
* the staff of the Plant received the second Order of Lenin for successful implementation of the 5-year plan and organization of new civil machinery production.
Now the Nizhny Novgorod Machine-Building plant, OJSC is represented by a modern production complex that includes six specialized production areas, a large design centre, proving ground, cultural and sport activity structures and other sites. Among the fields of production are:
* weapons (air defense systems C-400, C-300, antenna systems, artillery assets, mortar guns);
* atomic production equipment (atomic marine installation, atomic power station reactors);
* civil production (automatic hoist unit for wellsite repairing, automobile telehoists, thermal technologies: heating plants, boiler houses, gas boilers of different types).
THE NEW PLANT CONSTRUCTION IN THE TERRITORY OF NIZHNY NOVGOROD MACHINE-BUILDING PLANT, OJSC IS A UNIQUE AND AMBITIOUS PROJECT OF THE FEDERAL LEVEL; IT IS A SYMBOL OF GRAND IMPORTANCE THAT THE STATE ATTACHES TO THE MODERNIZATION OF THE NATIONAL INDUSTRIES, AS WELL AS AN ADDITIONAL IMPULSE TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE EXISTING ENTERPRISE.
The State pays great attention to the industrial development in general and that of military-industrial complex in particular. The Concern envisages to launch the 5th generation machinery production by 2020. The program for 2020 includes a substantial State order for aerospace defense equipment. Such ambitious plans presuppose the launching of two new defense plants, for the first time in the quarter of the century, and both of them are under the supervision of Concern AA defense «Almaz-Antey», OJSC. The Nizhny Novgorod Machine-Building plant, OJSC is a large-scale enterprise with powerful infrastructure and human resources, and for this reason it was chosen as the construction site for the new plant to produce modern air defense missile weapon system, including C-500 – the basis of the national air defense. The plant will be built by means of modern effective technologies: frame construction, vast high-vault production areas, modern lightning and energy-saving heating systems. The process of construction is divided into several stages. The first stage of underground works (fundament) was implemented during the period of May-October 2012; and the overground stage (structures assembly, columns, beams and flooring) – during the period of July-December 2012. October – the beginning of 2013 are scheduled for roofing and wall construction. The last stage of the construction is the internal communication engineering and finishing works (planned for 2013-2014). The equipment assembly and probations are scheduled for 2015. There are many other buildings and structures intended to support the main buildings; the terms of their commission vary depending on their purposes, but all the works must be completed by 2015. In course of preparation works, some utilities, crucial for the operating enterprise, were dismantled. To ensure uninterrupted operation of the Nizhny Novgorod Machine-Building plant, OJSC, all the utilities (pipelines, cables) must be reconstructed, as well as motor roads and railway tracks, communication lines and ACS. Railway territory facilities and locomotive centre are also under construction and are intended for common operation by the both plants. For this reason three brand-new modern power stations were built by means of novel materials and technological approach.